Well be getting ready for the bbq later on, so rather than do something complex and lengthy, we’ve opted to share a nice & easy starter that is super quick to make. It’s also extra delicious. It’s grilled gavros fishes with vegetables. If you can’t find the fish, you can use sardines instead, just as tasty.
– 1kg sardines or gavros
– 1 tbs lemon juice
– 4 tbs olive oil
– 2 tomatoes
– 1 onion
– 2 celery stalks
– 2 tbs fresh parsley
– 1 tsp oregano
– salt & pepper
– slice the tomatoes thinly & lay them on the bottom of a pyrex baking dish.
– chop the celery thinly & slice the onion & layer that on top of the tomato.
– sprinkle with a little salt & pepper as well as the chopped parsley & oregano.
– slice the gavros (or sardines) in half lengthwise & layer them on top of the vegetables. Try to lay them in a single layer.
– drizzle the oil & lemon on top & sprinkle lightly with some more salt & pepper.
– turn the oven to 225°C & bake for about 20 minutes.
– transfer to a nice dish & serve with lemon on the side.
…for more recipes from us, check out our archives.