Ingredients, base: (makes 12)
– 150g butter, room temp
– 150g sugar
– 1 tbs oil
– 2 eggs
– 150g flour
– 30g cocoa powder
– 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 150ml heavy cream
1. cream together the butter, sugar & oil until light & fluffy.
2. add the eggs one at a time & beat until fully incorporated.
3. sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder & salt together in a bowl & mix.
4. add the dry ingredients & cream to the sugar & egg. This will be done in 4 editions alternating between wet & dry.
5. pre-heat the oven to 170°C & bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
6. allow to cool thoroughly before icing.