Two orange coloured soups in less than a week…. shame on me. I’ve also had two orange backgrounds on my desserts…. and the leaves are starting to go orange as well. That’s the leaves on the trees I mean.
…I’m lying about the last one, no orange leaves. Yet.
I’m sorry about all the orange though, I’m not however sorry about the second soup. I make no apologies.
It’s cold, that’s all I’m saying.
– 700g sweet potato, peeled & chopped
– 500g carrot, chopped
– 2 large leeks, chopped
– 300g chickpeas
– 2 garlic cloves
– 2 stalks lemon grass
– 6 cups chicken stock/broth
– 1 tsp allspice
– 2 tsp cumin
– 1 tsp coriander
– 1 tsp paprika
– salt & pepper to taste
– 125 ml heavy cream
– 1 cup white wine
– 1 tbs butter
– 1 tbs olive oil
1. soak the chickpeas in water overnight. Make sure to rinse before cooking.
2. heat the oil & butter in a pot over medium-high heat until melted.
3. add the leeks & garlic & saute for two minutes.
4. add in the sweet potato, chickpeas & the lemon-grass stalks, continue to cook for another minutes.
5. add in the spices & cook for another 5 minutes.
6. add in the wine & allow it to reduce.
7. add in the stock & allow the mixture to simmer for around 20 minutes or until the chickpeas are tender.
8. remove the lemon-grass stalks from the pot at this point.
9. remove from the heat & puree the mixture. Once smooth, add back to the pot & add in the cream as well as more salt & pepper until it reaches the desired taste. Return to the heat & cook it for an additional few minutes over medium temperature.
10. serve hot with a little more fresh cream on top.
….for more recipes from us, check out our archives here.