Since it’s a new year & all, I’d like to impart a word of warning. Never attempt yoga whilst in the middle of texting. For real.
On another note, I don’t have breakfast nearly enough & I think it’s high time I share one of the most awesome breakfasts ever. Pancake muffins. That’s right, I said it, it’s a pancake in a muffin.
“Get. Out. Of. TOWN!” I hear you say? Well no, no I wont. I will however take it upon myself to share this completely & utterly, amazing & awesome recipe though.
…after all, who would appreciate crispy bacon & sweet maple syrup combined in a delicious, easy-to-go, no-mess, single-serving.
Ingredients: makes 12
– 320g // 2 cups flour
– 8 slices of bacon
– 3 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 egg
– 125ml // 1/2 cup milk
– 125ml // 1/2 cup oil
– 160ml // 2/3 cup maple syrup
1. chop the bacon into small pieces & cook until crispy. Drain on a paper napkin & set aside.
2. combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, whisk & set aside.
3. combine all the wet ingredients in another bowl, whisk until completely combined.
4. fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients & stop after they’ve just combined. The batter should be quite chunky. Fold in the bacon bits next.
5. spoon the batter into a lined muffin tin. A 1/4 measuring cup will divide the batter evenly between the sections.
6. bake for @ 200ºC
…for more recipes from us, check out our archives.