I’m going to ignore the current holiday. I already showed you how I celebrated it on cupcakes. That’s all you get.
Instead of something red & covered in love & hearts, I’m sharing something orange & filled with pumpkin. Bite sized, more-ish snacks for those of us who will be silently protesting the holiday by watching zombie flicks on the couch & stuffing our faces full of these.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not against love, or holidays. I love both actually. I’m not even against valentines day. I just don’t feel like celebrating it this year. Maybe next year, ay?
Ingredients: makes 36
– 280g (1.75 cups) flour
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 0.5 tsp salt
– 0.5 tsp cinnamon
– 0.5 tsp nutmeg
– 0.5 tsp all spice
– 0.25 tsp cloves
– 80ml (0.33 cups) vegetable oil
– 120g (0.5 cups) dark brown sugar
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 190g (0.75 cups) canned pumpkin
– 125ml (0.5 cups) milk
– 120g (0.25 cups) melted butter, unsalted
– 230g (1 cup) sugar
– 2 tbs cinnamon
1. preheat the oven to 175ºC (350ºF). Grease two 24x mini cupcake tins.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder & spices. Beat the mixture to aerate it.
3. in a separate bowl, add together the pumpkin, oil, brown sugar, milk, egg & vanilla & beat together until smooth & thoroughly combined.
4. tip the dry ingredients into the wet mixture & fold together until just incorporated, no more.
5. spoon the mixture into the 36 dips evenly (about 2 tbs per dip) & bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the middle of one comes out clean.
6. remove from the oven & allow to cool for 5 minutes. Once they have been removed from the tin, dip the bites into the melted butter, and then into the sugar & cinnamon (don’t forget to mix the cinnamon & sugar together first).
7. these are way better when they are still hot, but still delicious hours later.
…for more recipes from us, check out our archives.
recipe source: the craving chronicles.