“I want to eat light, so I will go for the green salad” said the thin woman sitting behind us in the restaurant. Right there I thought about the fact that what I call a salad, isn’t what most people imagine. I like lots of toppings and cheese and walnuts and…I end up eating a huge bowl of it. So, in my restaurant the salad wont be for diet, but the other way around.
– 150gr Haloumi cheese, sliced about 1cm each
– 150gr baby spinach leafs
– 6-7 dates pitted and quartered
– handful of walnuts
– half apple cut julienne (see tips)
– 1 tbs oil
– 4 tbs nut oil (try walnut)
– 1 tbs cider vinegar
– 1 orange juiced
– 2 tsp honey
– salt pepper
1. Wiz all the ingredients and set aside
1. Arrange the spinach in a serving bowl and lightly mix with the dressing.
2. Add the walnuts, dates and apple any way you like.
3. On a non stick pan bring 1 tbs oil to medium-high heat and add the haloumi. Sear for about 2 minutes per side until slightly browned.
4. Cut cheese anyway you fancy but always serve hot with the salad.
1. For the apple julienne first cut thin slices and then into small strips.
…for more recipes from us, check out our archives.