I can’t believe I made green juice.
I don’t know what to tell you. It looks green, it smells like celery, but if you can wrap your head around those facts & move past it…. it really doesn’t taste that bad!
Let’s be honest here though, no one puts vegetables in their juice because they think it’s going to taste good. We do it because it’s good for us.
Yea, that’s what I told myself right before I downed the concoction as fast as I could. Halfway through the process though I had to stop for air & that’s when the taste finally hit me….. I was, surprised. At first the apple hit me, sweet & refreshing. It was quickly followed by the spicy kick of the ginger. The carrot was completely lost in the whole process, & the celery left a faint aftertaste at the end. Nothing repulsive though.
I suppose I wouldn’t be opposed to doing it again. I hear it’s a fantastic boost of antioxidants for ones system. Super healthy without being painful.
You’re asking why, I can feel the “why??“s coming through my screen. There are a few answers that may help:
1. it’s summer & eating light is preferable since heavy meals just tend to sit there.
2. summer time means lots of nights slept away form home & it’s neigh impossible to eat correctly whilst on vacation… so a nice healthy juice helps kick one back into the right eating.
3. you want to look good in a bikini?
4. shut up, it’s healthy, just do it.
So there you have it. I drank green juice today. I survived it & it tasted good-ish. It wasn’t horrific, put it that way. If you dare to do the same, you might even be pleasantly surprised!
– 300g red apple
– 250g carrot
– 130g celery stalks
– 20g ginger root
1. wash & dry all the ingredients, chop into quarters & place them in your juicer. Give the juice a good stir & down it!
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interesting in something pretty, check out our designed page.