I use a lot of pistachios. I know this. I have good reasons to though. Like….
– pistachios are my favorite nut…. followed closely by pecans
– they are beautifully colourful
– roasted with salt & lemon they are absolutely divine
– we have an abundant supply of them courtesy of Mel’s aunt who has a farm
Does that explain it? Would you say it sums it up nicely? I would. In fact, I do.
Mel also happens to be addicted to every kind of nut butter he can get his hands on. We’re limited here to walnut, almond & peanut… but any time I go back to the US I bring him back pecan, cashew, hazelnut & anything else I can find.
What I’m saying is I made roasted pistachio nut butter for mel. We spread it over toasted slices of the blueberry, oat & buckwheat bread I made a couple days ago… perfect combination.
He’s mentioned something along the lines of using it to cover the outside of a rack of lamb to create a delicious crust on it.
I’m thinking about adding a tablespoon or two to a white chocolate ganache.
….either way, there’s more you can do with this than just put it on toast. Use your imagination xxx
Ingredients: (makes 2 jars)
– 560g roasted, unsalted pistachios
– 90ml (6 tbs) pistachio oil
– 0.5 tsp sugar (if you want it sweet… I opt not to add it)
1. combine all the ingredients in a blender & blend until it’s reached the desired texture. I prefer mine smooth.
2. spread on toast & enjoy
*** if you would like it creamier, add another half a tablespoon of oil & pulse, keep adding until it reaches the desired consistency. Keep note though that the more oil you add, the more runny your end result will be. The same goes for a crunchier version, add less oil.
……..for a full history of our recipes, check out our archives. For the more sensitive tummies, check out our gluten-free archives….. and if you’re just interested in something pretty, check out our designed page.