I’ve come up with a spice mix. It is currently out on the balcony wrapped in cheese cloth trying to dry out before I package it up… but so far it smells rather promising.
The idea is for a spicy, zesty chicken… & this is what I’ve been craving:
– 4tbs pink himalayan salt
– 3 limes, zest & juice
– 2 dried chillies
– 2 tbs dry coriander
– 1 small handful fresh coriander
– 3 tbs ginger powder
– 3 spring onions, green part only
– 2 garlic cloves
1. put everything in your food processor & blend until a paste.
2. transfer to a large baking dish or cookie sheet & spread out in a thin layer.
3. cover in cheese cloth & allow to sit in the sun until dry. Mix every day just to ensure it’s airing out evenly. Once dry, transfer to a jar.
Mine is still drying. I have no idea how it’s going to taste, I’m hoping for the best. Once it’s dry, I’m going to generously coat some chicken & put it on the grill. Needless to say, I’ve been craving a spice mix with lime zest for quite some time so I’m rather excited.